Monday, August 10, 2009

Mondays I Mourn for the Bakers of Richmond









Tonight's post is for a young family that died so young

Jas B Baker born March 19 1867 died January 7 1899 and his wife


Bessie born February 5 1867 died January 29 1898

Their grave stone is so beautiful. There is a curtain covering the top and a book laying on top of the gravestone..
A book found on a cemetery tombstone can represent many different things, including the book of life, often represented as the Bible. I would picture the Bible would be open this one is closed.
A book on a gravestone may also depict learning, a scholar.
The curtain I am not sure of could be an actor or could be the curtain of life.
All of this I do not know but is beautiful.
If any one has any ideas I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment