Monday, October 26, 2009

A Whole New Cemetery To Search ... Off We Went To Galveston Texas




There must be something strange with people like us " graveyard rabbits". The excitement I felt when I first saw this old Cemetery almost in my back yard. I felt like a child at Christmas.
Hubby and I decided we would take a short trip in our own back yard. We have been in Texas since May and had not been able to go to Galveston Texas. We have visited Galveston at least twice over the last 10 years and love it there.

Off we went for a day trip this last Saturday. Our plan was to search for treasures to sell on the Internet, stop for lunch and to see the Gulf Of Mexico. Of course I could not go to Galveston with out searching for a Cemetery. Boy did I find a Cemetery. This piece of land has something like 5 to 6 Cemeteries all together but sectioned off. I will have to do more research in the near future as I take pictures there. For this visit I was able to take 10 different stones. Sweet hubby forgot to bring a book to read.


This is the first of many postings.This post is honoring.




Rebecca Henneberg

born May 5, 1823

died May 6 1885

Grave stone says " In The Memory of My Beloved Mother "


I told my hubby we need to take a day trip to Galveston at least once a month, we can hunt for treasures, go out to lunch and of course make a quick stop at the cemetery.

On the way out of town, we went a different road and what did I spot .. two more old cemeteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment