Monday, November 23, 2009

Finding My Great Great Grandfather's Gravestone John Lockwood


It was so exciting to finally seeing the gravestone of one my own ancestors. I did not get to this cemetery myself, but because of www. ancestry.com I saw it for the first time.

This is my great great grandfather John Lockwood, my civil war soldier grandfather. I think of him often and wonder what he was like, how the war affected him. I know from reading his military records at the National Archives that it affected his health.
Rest in peace grandpa
John T Lockwood
born Feb 12 1840
died Feb 13 1911
John T Lockwood is buried in the Clinton City Cemetery, Big Stone County, Minnesota
I would think that his wife Betsey Eddington Lockwood is buried next to him but her gravestone was not posted on the Internet. I will be putting in a request for someone to take her picture at www.findagrave.com
Thanks for stopping by ... Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment